YOU CAN HELP
We welcome students, retirees and professionals! If you have specific skills and interests, please contact Kid Healthy with a detailed idea of how you’d like to help or choose from the following:
Padres En Accion:
Get on the playground with Padres En Accion. As a volunteer, you will set up and lead a physical activity or game station. Padres En Accion occurs during lunch recess (11:00-1:00) on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
If you are a parent at a school site that has Padres En Accion, call or visit the front office for more information about volunteering.
If you are not a parent at a school site, but would still like to volunteer, you will need to complete the following steps:
• Contact Kelsey Markland at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in volunteering
• Complete volunteer application and get fingerprinted through the district. Fingerprinting costs approximately $47.00
• Once cleared, you can volunteer at a school site!
Website Coordinator (Intern/Volunteer):
• Develop a plan for effective use of the Kid Healthy website
• Research and write content including: updating program descriptions, updating program locations and contacts, updating sponsor logos/links
• Write & research pertinent stories regarding events and activities taking place with Kid Healthy
• Delete outdated content
• Add current photographs
• Write items that encourage visitors to join our mailing list
Cooking up Change® Committee:
Help plan and organize the 2015 Cooking up Change® event!
• Attend meetings to assist developing fundraising and event plan
• Help promote event through various outreach methods
• Market and sell event tickets; help expand Kid Healthy database
• Make recommendations for funding opportunities and generate income
• Brainstorm ideas for day of event activities
• Recruit additional volunteers
• Solicit donors for Silent Auction items, assist in creating baskets for Silent Auction
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact: Kelsey Markland at email@example.com